Health, safety and environment are on everyone’s priority list. How can we make sure that all barriers are set in place and that everyone is involved in work preparation?
HSElife NL is a strong supporter of integral approach when it comes to preparing the activity. That means that all relevant parties needs to be involved from the very first moment all the way to performing the task, evaluating it and learning from it. We suggest 5 steps approach to fully reflect, observe, act and learn from any specific theme. Engaging and have open conversation with all involved, at the office and on site, is essential. Please check the presentation below for the full campaign overview.
THE “MIND YOUR STEP!” CAMPAIGN
Statistics show that the majority (66%) of falls occur at the same level as a result of slipping and tripping. The remaining 34% is falling from a height.>
Start the campaign by introducing the subject during a HSE meeting or toolbox.
Use the supporting HSElife materials. Presentations, a Poster, Video’s, you can download them from this webpage.
Choose the materials that suit the participants and that are technically feasible. When available, use your own material, such as photographs of incidents, so that you can see the urgency of the subject even more clearly and you can recognize yourself in the subject. The “Activity sheet” is recommended as an aid, a form that every participant can use during the entire campaign and to report back.
A Handout is also available for this campaign with a number of important key points for supervisors and professionals on the shop floor.
The HSElife team has made a number of supportive presentations that can be used during the HSE meeting. The character and set-up of the HSE meeting differs per company. Use the material flexibly and tailored to the participants.
1A – A presentation to start the discussion
1B – A presentation with information (the answers to the questions)
1C – A presentation with suggestions (also available as “ON THE SPOT” version)
The “5 to remember” poster summarizes the main issues of this campaign. The poster is ideally suited to involve the people on the shop floor in the campaign. Use it with the toolbox, Last Minute Risk Assessment or on other occasions.
The reflective learning video “Sleep Matters” is also potentially an option to start the campaign. From incident research we know that insufficient sleep is one of the factors why people slip, trip and fall. The video was developed by Shell and will soon be available in a Hearts & Minds version.